Tuesday 8 November 2011

HALFWAY MARK

All of a sudden we find ourselves at the halfway mark of the Humanities Module for the FIFA Master 12th Edition.  Had a fantastic trip to the 'Home of Cricket' and the 'Home of Rugby' yesterday; Lord's and Twickenham respectively.  Fantastic to set foot on the ground where so many legends have gone before.  Walking up the stairs to the Long Room at Lord's was incredible. To think that Don Bradman set foot in those exact surroundings to make history with the bat over 60 years ago is incredible.

We have now commenced the Internationalisation of Sport sub-module with Professor Pierre Lanfranchi. Pierre was my interviewer during the selection process and played a big part of my acceptance into the FIFA Master program.  It is fantastic to finally meet him after 6 weeks of the course.  Again I must thank Associate Professor Daryl Adair who assisted me with my application and rest assured I've passed on Daryl's regards to the rest of the De Montfort academic team!

I am making a presentation to the rest of the class on the topic of 'Australian Sport' this Friday.  Any suggestions on what I should include? I don't know how I'm going to keep to the 1/2 hour timeslot!

No comments:

Post a Comment